- About Us
- This event has passed.
3M Webinar : Storytelling for Scientists
March 26 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
Research shows that people have a tremendous appetite to learn more about science, and that they see scientists as highly credible sources of information. But how can we talk about science in a way that’s human, compelling, and most importantly, relatable to everyday life?
Storytelling is increasingly being promoted as the solution. But scientists sometimes resist telling stories, feeling that they distort or oversimplify. “The plural of anecdote,” as some have said, “is not data.” So when should we use narrative to communicate science? And how can stories help us maintain our credibility, increase understanding and influence behaviour?
In this webinar, led by writer and training consultant Alan Barker, you’ll learn how to:
• optimise the way we use narrative to understand the world
• adapt stories to different audiences and objectives
• construct stories to generate meaning
• use narrative in different ways
• combine narrative with explanation and persuasion