- About Us
The 2018 Innovation inCharnwood Showcase is a unique event. It is focused on true business innovation , designed to inspire, stimulate and challenge. It will demonstrate that Leicestershire is at the forefront of driving forward new technologies which have immense benefits not only for business, but for people’s quality of life.
The all-day event, which is to take place on Wednesday, 7th November from 10am to 4pm at Holywell Conference Centre on Loughborough University Science and Enterprise Park, features five “Innovation Talks” and an exhibition of over 50 business exhibitors, representing life and health sciences, engineering, sports science, social enterprise, creative services, business services and the public sector.
Our theme for 2018 is “Discover a New Generation of Innovation”
Supporting this is a dedicated STEM area, sponsored by 3M, providing a rare opportunity to see what is taking place at grass roots level to encourage the younger generation into STEM roles, and insight into the role that enterprises and organisations can play in supporting these local STEM activities.
And, a Start-Up Zone sponsored by the Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership (LLEP) will showcase a number of exciting new start-ups and incubation companies setting up business in the area.
Discover a New Generation of Innovators
The big draw in 2018 will be our speakers: the newest generation of Charnwood-based entrepreneurs, disruptors and innovators. Drawn from the worlds of scientific product development, sports coaching, product design, integrated marketing, and connected health sciences, the talks are designed to inspire, challenge and stimulate great business conversations.
- Catherine Grainger, 3M Brand Manager for the Novec™Brand family of engineered fluids will talk about the science behind this dry fluid from 3M that is solving some of industry’s toughest problems.
- Rich Horton, Team Triumph Director, Duathlon World Champion and Triathlete Coach draws parallels in his talk between the journeys of a professional athlete and running a start-up company, and will share some valuable lessons that can be easily applied to anyone looking to juggle the demands of life.
- Alex Nash, Alcuris Founder and Managing Director will talk about how his grandfather’s Alzheimer’s diagnosis led to him to start a company dedicated to connected healthcare, with the aim of enhancing care and quality of life.
- Paul Ince, LikeMind Media Director and MarketEd.Live founder will talk about why copycat marketing no longer cuts it and how a failed attempt at building an app resulted in him founding the award-winning MarketEd.Live event, which brings international marketing speakers to the region.
- Simon Lyons, Version 22 Director, Global Multi-Award Winning Product Designer will talk about how technology and the Internet enables him to run a global business not possible ten years ago.
With thanks to our Innovation inCharnwood 2018 Showcase Sponsors:
- Corporate & STEM Agenda Sponsor: 3M
- Start-Up Zone Sponsor : Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership (LLEP)
- VIP Sponsor : Loughborough University Science and Enterprise Park
- Venue Sponsor : Imago venues
Awarded best event of Leicester Business Festival in 2017, the Innovation inCharnwood Showcase 2018 aims once again to deliver an exceptional business-to-business event.
Upcoming LATi Events
- October 11 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- November 7 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm